The Melbourne Daily Photo 1: Bay Road nursery/cafe

I'm in Melbourne for a couple of months visiting family and friends so I thought I'd start posting a daily photo of my travels around Melbourne and Sydney.

Here’s the gardens of the nursery cafe in the southern Melbourne bayside suburb of Sandringham called Bay Road. It's a great place to go to if you want to get out of the inner city and have an original organic brunch or afternoon tea. On the menu was a Nordic dish containing salmon, of course, which I didn’t choose but you were tempted. But no fish other than this which was a bit strange as it’s close to the beach. The food is rich and filling in a flower filled environment outside or painting filled rooms inside. Dog friendly too.
To get to the nursery you can drive along Beach Road and see the occasional surf on Port Philip Bay. A lot of Melbournians don’t think much of Port Philip bay but really it’s beautiful and moody in any weather. 





Comments

Popular Posts