Sunday, December 9, 2012

Two new 2014 travel photography calendars: Spirit of Sweden and Inspirational Estonia

I have two new 2015 A3 sized photography calendars - Inspirational Estonia and Spirit of Sweden in my Red Bubble store and you can see them both here.

The Spirit of Sweden calendar is a collection of my photos of Sweden showing nature at her most relaxed. I'm really pleased with the look of the calendar. It's printed on heavy 200gsm satin art paper with a nice, strong cover and bound with wire. And the digital printing of the photos is superb. You can also set the month when you like the calendar to start which is great too. 
I chose natural looking photos for it (almost no post processing) which were fairly typical of everyday nature scenes you would see in Sweden. Birch trees, Baltic Sea, reeds, wildflowers, pines. You get the idea. And I've paired them with different quotes from a diverse range of  people - Goethe, Abraham Lincoln, Janis Joplin, Isak Dinesen, Carl Jung, Lao Tzu and others to give a different perspective to the images. Here's the cover image below.
susanwellington-summerbircheswithtext800
The Estonia calendar mainly showcases typical Estonian nature and buildings, which is pristine and unique. An inspiring place to go for visual artists and not surprisingly there are lots of wonderful landscape painters there. Here's my cover photo of the Estonia calendar below. I used a border that simulates the texture of real film on all the photos as I felt it created a more unique aged quality to match what I felt about Estonia. What do you think?
susanwellington-viewovertallinn3filteredwithborder800

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...