Pond life


Stockholm stretches over 14 islands and water is everywhere but not where we live. What we do have is wonderful forests and open pasture land with farms that at present are working hard mowing it down and turning it into neat packages of hay.  It's pretty amazing really as it's only 25 minutes to the centre of town by train. A tiny little pond is the only body of water that's close by and so we've been visiting it a few times a week so I can get my fill of water views as well as to see the pair of canada geese who've had 6 babies which we've enjoyed watching grow. I'm also starting to crave the ocean which I don't have much of a hope of seeing here so I'm going to have to make more of an effort to get to the Baltic Sea. Well I am an aussie. The lure of the sea beckons.








Comments

Popular Posts