Sailing on Lake Mälaren


Glorious sunshine greeted us one fine Stockholm day so we took the train to the outer suburb of Skärholmen to visit Lake Mälaren. It surrounds Stockholm from the west and also supplies the tap water. Very generous of it. And it's great tap water. You don't need your bought bottles of spring water here. Though I didn't try drinking it as it's not purified until it gets to dinner tables. Again I was impressed by the town planning here, as everyone gets to sample the beauties of nature. It's only a short walking distance to high density housing though you wouldn't know it.


Comments

  1. I have visited this blog by accident, but I found it quite interesting. You're doing a good job (and most importantly it's free). A greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baresytapas I appreciate your interest. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts